Ferring Village Hall

Ferring Village Hall

Ferring Village Hall is a Community facility, it was designed to be as flexible as possible to meet the varying needs of the local community. It contains a spacious Main Hall and two separate meeting rooms called the Club Room and the Griffin Room. Each of these three rooms has a separate kitchen facility. The rooms are centrally heated and they are naturally ventilated. The hall has been designed in accordance with current regulations for disabled access, including a disabled toilet.

A brief history

The Main Village Hall was built in 1924 on land given as a gift by Mrs Henty, a wealthy landowner, in memory of her husband for the benefit of the Ferring Villagers. In 1929 a Billiards Room was erected by public subscription and has subsequently been converted into the Club Room. In the 1930’s the Griffin room was added. The Hall has charitable status as per the original Trust Deed and is run by a Management Committee on behalf of the Trustees.


The Village Hall and rooms are available for hire every day between the hours of 8am and midnight or at such other times as the Management Committee may specifically allow for a variety of activities such as meetings, amateur dramatic societies, arts, dancing, pilates, bridge, chess, computers, music, weddings, parties etc.

For all booking enquiries please contact Carol Fordyce on 07847 309351 or email info@ferringvillagehall.org.uk