The Green

The Village Green

An award of 11 acres, 3 roads and 31 perches (waste lands of the Manor of Amberley) was made to the Churchwardens and Overseers of the Poor by Mr James Taylor on 29th June 1871. The award transferred to Wisborough Green Parish Council when the Council was established in 1894. The Council is required to keep the Green in trust "as a place for exercise and recreation".

In accordance with the Commons Registration Act 1965, the Green was registered with WSCC as a Village Green and the registration entry became final on 12th February 1973, registered under VG40. The Parish Council has since registered ownership of the land with Land Registry.